Version 2.0.127 (released October 8 2014):
- Restored the menu to duplicate an invoice on the Customer Detail screen (tap and hold on an invoice to get the menu to pop up).
- Better handling of appointments that have been deleted from the calendar outside of Service Call.
- Fixed a crash when tapping the “+” on the Customers screen.
- Fixed a crash when searching on the Customers screen.
Version 2.0.95 (released September 18 2014):
- Updated design for iOS 7 and 8.
Version 1.1.475 (released January 4 2014):
- Fixed a crash on the Customer List screen when using the search bar.
Version 1.1.465 (released October 4 2013):
- Put the invoice number back in the PDF file name - it was accidentally removed in the previous release.
- Fixed a crash on Contact import screen due to contacts without any first, last, or company name in the Address Book.
- Fixed a crash when displaying Appointments for customers that don’t have a first, last, or company name.
- Fixed a crash when tapping Save on the Discount screen if the amount was empty.
Version 1.1.453 (released September 12 2013):
- The explanation on the empty Appointment list view was not going away when you used “+” to add your very first Appointment
- The email attachment name for the PDF is now based on invoice heading
- Line Item selection list screen would not show anything on the 90d list if the 30d list had been empty
- Line Item selection list screen should not be slow anymore
- Fixed a crash under iOS 7 when the Unit Cost field was active when you tapped Done on the Line Item edit screen
- Fixed an issue with Google Maps not being able to find the address
Version 1.1.432 (released April 24 2013):
- Added hide/unhide buttons to the line item selection screen.
- Added explanatory text to various empty list screens.
- Added address mapping to the Appointment and Invoice detail screens.
- Added customer’s company name to the Appointments and Select Customer list screens.
- Use a smaller font for the footer text on the PDF invoice if it's more than two lines long.
- Fixed a bug that would prevent the invoice PDF from being created if the customer name included a forward slash character.
- Fixed a bug that would tell you there was an overlapping appointment when it was actually an adjacent appointment.
Version 1.1.409 (released February 12 2013):
- Fixed bug that would cause Today’s Appointments to sometimes be empty when it should have shown appointments.
- Fixed “Cannot Save Event” bug when adding an appointment to a newly added customer.
- Tapping on a customer’s address will use whichever mapping service you last selected by tapping, holding, and picking from the menu.
Version 1.1.397 (released January 15 2013):
- Added heading field to the Invoice detail screen.
- Added date installed to the Equipment detail screen.
- Added an explanation in Settings of how to use ### to get the invoice number in the email Subject and Body.
- Added a preference to set the text of the Tax line on an Invoice.
- Tap and hold on a address on the Customer screen to get a menu to open in Apple Maps, Google Maps, or to copy the address to the clipboard.
- Added CustomerID to exported .csv files to make it easier to do a vlookup in Excel.
- Added double quotes to zip codes and phone numbers starting with a zero in exported .csv files so Excel doesn't drop the leading zero.
- Added progress indicator when importing contacts.
- Added “Tell your friends about Service Call” on the About screen.
- Service Call now requires iOS 6.0 or higher.
Version 1.1.360 (released July 19 2012):
- You can include the invoice number in the default subject or default body text by using ### where you want the invoice number.
- Fixed an issue that was preventing the new preference for default email subject and default body text from working.
What's new in version 1.1.359 (released July 11 2012):
- New preference to set the default subject of the invoice email.
- New preference to set the default body text of the invoice email.
- New preference to set the default CC list for the invoice email.
- Fixed a crash when creating an invoice if the tax rate preference had been set in the past but is now empty.
- Service Call now requires iOS 5.1 or higher.
Version 1.1.349 (released February 24 2012):
- Tap and hold on a line item to get a menu to duplicate the line item or duplicate it as a credit.
- Line item amounts can now be negative to allow for a credit. Added a “Toggle Negative” button to the keypad for entering amounts.
- Tap and hold on an invoice on the Customer detail screen to get a menu to duplicate the invoice.
- “Paid” stamp on invoice now includes check number.
- Invoices now have “Page x of y” numbering instead of just “Page x”.
- Added search bar at top of Customer list screen. It searches first, middle, and last name, along with company name.
- Added “Select All” button on the “Select Contacts” screen to make importing contacts easier for people with lots of contacts.
- Format UK phone numbers properly when editing.
- New preference to not show page number on single page invoice.
- New preference to change the “Unit Cost” column heading on the PDF invoice.
- No longer appends “(hourly)” to the user supplied default line item text.
- Fixed a problem with the date not printing properly on the invoice if you didn’t include your company name in the heading or your company name was narrower than the date.
- Fixed a crash when deleting an appointment on the customer detail screen.
- Fixed some memory leaks that the analyzer complained about.
- Updated the third party library that prompts for app ratings.
Version 1.1.326 (released November 16 2011):
- Scale logo on invoice properly when it’s wider than half the width of the page.
- Added a setting for the default text that appears in the invoice header. Previously it was always “INVOICE”, but now you can make it whatever you like.
- Additional testing on iOS 5.
Version 1.1.324 (released October 14 2011):
- Fixed a crash that happened for some users when tapping on Settings on the About screen.
- Added code to automatically relink Service Call appointments to Calendar events when possible.
- Tested on iOS 5.
Version 1.1.322 (released October 12 2011):
- Added a menu with “duplicate” to invoices on the customer detail screen (tap and hold on the invoice to get the menu). The invoice will be duplicated with today’s date. Line items, address, notes and footer information will be included, but payment information will not.
- Added a menu with “call” and “text” to phone numbers on the customer detail screen (tap and hold on the phone number to get the menu). Tapping “text” will take you to the “Messages” app.
- Changed the list of appointments and invoices on the customer detail screen to show the most recent items first.
- Added day of week to headers on appointment and invoice list screens.
- Made date formats more consistent throughout.
- Tested on iOS 5.
Version 1.1.303 (released August 3 2011):
- Added a notes field at the bottom of the customer detail screen.
- Added a footer to the PDF invoice. The footer is shown centered and italicized above page number. You can enter the footer on the invoice detail screen and set a default footer in settings.
- Added a setting for the default text of the 1st line item on a new invoice. Previously it was always “Service Call”, but now you can make it specific to your business.
- Added a “+” at top of appointment list screen as a shortcut to add a new appointment.
- Added “export customer” button at the bottom of the customer list screen. It will create an email with three .csv files attached: address.csv, phone.csv, and email.csv
- Fixed a crash on creating an invoice when the hourly or flat rate was set to blank on the preferences screen.
- Fixed bug that caused deleted items on the customer detail screen to sometimes not actually get deleted (email, address, phone, etc). They would appear to be deleted, but the next time you launched Service Call they would reappear.
Version 1.1.279 (released May 16 2011):
- You can print to AirPrint printers from the invoice PDF screen.
- Fixed a bug that caused garbled characters to show up when importing the invoice .csv into certain programs.
Version 1.1.274 (released May 4 2011):
- Added invoice terms that are shown on the PDF invoice below the date (go to settings to enter default terms).
- Added invoice number auto-increment for new invoices (go to settings to turn it on).
- The “select from a list of existing line items” screen now includes a 30 day, 90 day or all time toggle so you can limit line items to recent ones (helpful if your descriptions or prices have changed and you don't want to accidentally select the old ones).
- Compiled with the new version of XCode 4, which fixes a crash-on-launch problem on the iPhone 3G with iOS 4.2.
Version 1.1.254 (released March 16 2011):
- You can link an appointment in Service Call to an existing appointment on your calendar.
- Added logo on the PDF invoice - go to the About screen to set up your logo image, and then it’ll show up on the PDF invoice at the upper left.
- Added a sort button at the top of the Customer list.
- Added serial number field on Equipment detail.
- Added optional invoice number field on Invoice detail, it shows up on the PDF invoice just above the column headings.
- Added page numbers at the bottom of the PDF invoice.
- Copying a previous invoice line item description also copies the unit price.
- Reduced vertical gaps between sections on invoice PDF.
- Made amount and unit cost columns on invoice PDF vary in width for larger amounts.
- Uses Apple’s PDF library instead of 3rd party library.
Version 1.0.217 (released December 29 2010):
- You can export invoices as .csv to load into Excel, Quicken, etc. There’s a “Export Invoices” button at the bottom of the Invoice List view.
- When you set an invoice to be “paid” on the Invoice Detail view, you can now drill down to the Payment Detail view and set payment details (date, amount, payment type, etc).
- A “paid” stamp can be shown on the PDF invoice if you select it on the Payment Detail view. The stamp shows “paid”, the amount and the payment date.
- Invoice and appointment lists should always autoscroll to the nearest date when you first go to that list. It was working intermittently before.
- When adding a new customer, fields are ordered first, last & company to match the built-in phone/contact apps. First & last were swapped before.
- All text fields should now have a “x” glyph on the right to clear the text.
- Long notes were not displaying properly on the Invoice Detail view - the field was expanding vertically to accommodate the longer note, but was only displaying the first line.
- The PDF invoice paper size is set to A4 or US Letter based on your region setting.
- Deleting an appointment by tapping “Delete Event” on the event details was causing a crash when you left that screen. This has been fixed.